The Preferred Group
(The BTF’s Benefits Administrator)
call 1-800-573-7474 for
assistance or go to:
to access your account on line, check the status of a claim, etc.
Forms and Information
WHEN DOES DEPENDENT COVERAGE END?
Has your child left for college? You will need to fill out the:
Dependent coverage will end on the earliest of the following events:
1. Your coverage ends;
2. The dependent ceases to be an eligible dependent due to divorce, separation, or death;
3. Termination of coverage for a post-secondary student not returning to school is the last day of the month of last enrollment (Students transferring to another school have 90 days to re-enroll);
4. The last day of the month the dependent reaches 25;
5. You stop making any payments required for dependent coverage;
6. The Plan is changed to terminate coverage for all dependents.
Leave of Absence
Any member of the Trust granted a leave of absence by the Board of Education after at least one year of continuous membership in the Trust, may maintain his/her membership through direct personal payment to the Trust. Payment will be required in full within 30 days of last day worked and will be equal to the amount that would have been due from the Board of Education. In the event payment is not received within 30 days, membership will be terminated. If membership is not maintained, the member, upon return, will be subject to all rules affecting new members. The Trust will provide this service for a teacher on leave for a maximum of two years, unless extended by a vote of the Trustees.
Showing posts 1 - 3 of 7. View more »